SELLING YOUR BUSINESS WORKSHOPS
Our free online workshops about selling your business are run by Malcolm Watkins, a Business Broker with over 30 years’ experience who has been involved in the sale of literally hundreds of businesses. He has spoken about the subject at venues such as Birmingham’s NEC and London’s EXCEL.
The workshops are usually about 2 hours long, and the groups are deliberately kept small to allow questions etc. By doing this, we can keep the workshop as personal to your business as possible because no two businesses are the same.
Items covered in the workshops include:
- What are the main ways to advertise my business for sale?
- What legal documents do I need to sell my business?
- I own the Freehold – is it best to sell on a Freehold or Leasehold basis?
- What are the main things that are likely to put purchasers off buying my business?
- Should I sell to a competitor?
- What will happen to my Staff?
- What’s TUPE?
- What does a business broker do?
- Can I sell my business myself, i.e. without a broker?
- Should I accept staged payments?
- How can I keep professional fees to a minimum?
- Is my business too personal to sell? – How do I change this?
- What is an NDA, and do I need to get each interested party to sign one?
- What is due diligence?
- What are the heads of agreement?
- How important are my accounts in a sale?
- My business doesn’t show an overall profit. Can I still sell it?
- What is the difference between a share sale and an asset sale?
- What happens about my stock?
- I haven’t been running my business for very long. Is it something I can sell?
- Any questions that are specific to selling YOUR business.
- And of course, the main two questions, how much is my business worth and how long will it take to sell? Malcolm will go through this privately with each.
Our workshops are extremely popular, and places are limited, so it’s advisable to book early.
15th January @ 10.00 am
18th January @ 10.00 am
21st January @ 10.00 am
24th January @10.00 am